Why is this Fried Chicken so Crispy?
- This crispy fried chicken is so good for a few reasons:
- * Allowing the buttermilk-flour mix to form a paste-like consistency will ensure a crisp exterior and juicy interior.
- * Most chicken fried in oil is cooked at high temperatures throughout the cooking process. This one is cooked at high heat, but after browning the chicken, the heat will be reduced to about 30 minutes. The temperature will be raised again towards the end to lock in the crispy texture.
- * Paprika gives the chicken a smoky taste and helps brown the meat.
Crispy Fried Chicken Ingredients
- Here are the essential ingredients to make crispy, delicious fried chicken.
- You can either cut a hole of four-pound chicken into pieces or buy four pounds of breasts and drumsticks, wings, legs, and legs at your local grocery store.
- Acidic buttermilk tenderizes chicken without making it challenging. It helps the flour mixture stick better to the chicken.
- All-purpose flour provides buttermilk and seasonings with something to stick to while creating a crispy crust.
- This crispy fried chicken recipe uses paprika (which helps to brown), salt, pepper, and garlic. To taste, you can add more seasonings and spices.
- Vegetable oil has a high smoke point, making it ideal for frying chicken.
How to make Crispy Fried Chicken
The step-by-step instructions are below. Here is a quick overview of what to expect when making crispy fried chicken.
Bake the breading
Combine the flour, salt, pepper, and paprika in a zip-top bag. Mix the ingredients in a zip-top bag, seal the bag and shake to combine.
Dredge the chicken
Dip the chicken in buttermilk until both sides are covered. The soaked chicken should be placed in a bag with the flour mixture. Seal the bag and shake to coat. Cover the chicken with the flour mixture and transfer it to a baking sheet. Allow the flour to turn into a paste.
Fry the Chicken
Heat the oil in a large skillet. Cook the chicken on both sides. Cover the skillet with oil and let it cook for 30 minutes. Turn the heat up to high and remove the cover. Fry until crispy. Place the chicken on a towel.
Fried Chicken: What to Eat
Are you looking for great ideas for fried chicken side dishes? Our collection of 15 classic side dishes for fried chicken has you covered. Here is a glimpse of what you will find:
Yellow Squash Casserole
Mom’s Favorite Baked Mac and Chees
Al’s Sufferin’ Succotash
How to store fried chicken
To prevent bacteria growth:
- Let the chicken cool down before storing.
- Wrap it tightly in aluminum foil or place it in an airtight container.
- Refrigerate for at least four days. You can heat it in the microwave or oven.
Allrecipes Community Tips and Praise
Ebook raves, “Great recipe and great method.” “I had no idea that frying batter until it is paste-like and then covering it with a pan while cooking would impact! This recipe is a keeper!
Nicole says, “This recipe makes crisp and juicy chicken every single time.” It turned out great both times I made it. The marinating of the chicken is essential to enhance the flavor. However, the actual frying method works great.
“This is my favorite fried chicken recipe,” comments Renee Ann Galvan. “I only made one change to the recipe: I added garlic powder and crushed red pepper for some heat.”