- 1/3 cup skim milk
- One teaspoon of lemon juice
- One ¾ cup whole wheat flour
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- Two teaspoons of baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- One teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- One teaspoon of ground nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Two large eggs
- ¾ cup white sugar
- Three ripe bananas, mashed
- One tablespoon of canola oil
- One teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Step 1
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C). Spray a 9×5-inch loaf pan with cooking spray or 16 muffin cups. In a measuring cup, combine the skim milk with lemon juice. Let stand for 30 minutes. Mix whole wheat flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon; set aside.
- Step 2
- Use an electric mixer to beat the eggs and sugar until smooth. Add the mashed bananas, milk mixture, canola oils, and vanilla extract. Mix in the flour mixture until everything is well combined. Place the batter in the prepared muffin pans or cups.
- Step 3
- Bake the muffins or loaf in the preheated oven for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. This takes about an hour for a loaf. Let cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then remove to cool completely on the wire rack.
- Per Serving: 128 Calories; Protein 3.5g; Carbohydrates 26.1g; Fat 2.3g; Cholesterol 23.4mg; Salt 185.4mg. Full Nutrition