The best banana bread. A mixture of bananas, almond liqueur, and a hint of almond make this banana bread delicious. I love it with butter.
- cooking spray
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
- One teaspoon salt
- One teaspoon of baking soda
- ripe bananas , mashed” data-unit_family=”” data-store_location=”Produce”>5 very ripe bananas , mashed
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- Two eggs
- Three drops of almond extract
- Three drops of amaretto (almond-flavored liquor)
- Step 1
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175° C). Spray a loaf pan in cooking spray.
- Step 2
- Whisk flour, salt, baking soda, and milk together in a large bowl.
- Step 3
- In a separate bowl, combine bananas, brown sugar, and butter. Mix flour mixture with bananas, brown sugar, butter, eggs, and almond extract in a separate bowl. Continue mixing until flour is well combined. Transfer the mixture to the prepared loaf pan.
- Step 4
- Bake for about one hour in the preheated oven or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow cooling for about 30 minutes before serving.
If you prefer, substitute 1/2 cup of egg substitute (such as Egg Beaters(R)) for the eggs.
Per Serving: 380 calories; protein 5,8g; carbohydrates 61.2g, fat 13.3g, and cholesterol 77mg. Full Nutrition